Monday, October 18, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 3

This was 30 WEEK days of truth, right? Oh. Well, Crap. Sorry. I'll try harder.

Day 03- Something you have to forgive yourself for.

Forgive me, little ones.

Forgive me for my moments of impatience, of short tempered annoyance, of frustration with you. For the moments I complained, wished for something other than exactly what I was living. For the moments I grumbled when I should have just sang you a little song. The times I was rough when I should have taken a deep breath. For the moments I cursed my post-baby body and set a terrible example of self-image. Forgive me for every moment I have ever taken you for granted.

Please forgive me for being hard on myself. For being human. I want you to know that it's ok to lose your temper sometimes. It's ok to be sad, and lonely, and flawed, and to have a pudgy belly, as long as there's a reason for it. Nobody's perfect. Mama is just a human being, at the end of the day, and she makes mistakes, just like you will, and she has emotions and struggles, just like you do. It's healthy for you to see it.

Then why does it keep me awake at night?

Forgive me, my little girls. And maybe some day I can forgive myself.

1 comment:

genevieve said...

No one said it had to be 30 days in a row...

And I'm so glad you're not being too hard on yourself for what are perfectly, perfectly natural reactions/behaviors.

Word verification: ticiddup. CUTEST EVER!