Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stormy Weather...

Ugh. Just when I thought things were going to start cookin' with gas around here, everything comes to a screeching halt. Got the first day of school under my belt, it went really smoothly and I feel like I have a very good group of kids. I was looking forward to hitting my stride this week, I had a lot of "getting to know you" game and activities planned before we jumped into academics next week, AND I was thrilled to have the distraction of being back at school all day, so I was not analyzing every damn hang-nail and googling it only to discover that hangnails in the first trimester are a sure sign of impending doom. Hurricane Fay, however, had other plans. So school is cancelled today and tomorrow, and I am back on the couch glued to the computer. The good news is that dearest is stuck here with me today, the bad news is that he wants to be marooned in the house about as much as I do. Plus this probably means that we will lose time off over Thanksgiving, (that's when our storm make up days are built into our school schedule), and by then I will be so ready for a break. At lunch dearest helpfully reminded me that in 04 Hurricane Charley (the one that totaled our house) was the first one, and that was in mid-August. September brought Hurricane Francis and Jeanne. Noooo! No more days on the couch!!!

2 comments:

Arianna said...

You can spend some "Good quality time" together...doesnt that sound like something Dad would say? LOL. Hopefully you havent scratched each others eyes out yet! Sometimes even 4 bdrms isnt enough space!

Kel said...

I might have one on you for this. Try eight people in the house, that are not always liked. New furniture is delivered (Tues AM)and I can't recline in anything because everyone is enjoying Fay on the new couches. AUGHHHHHH! We have six bedroom and it isn't enough!!