Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oh, Mama

Back victoriously from stim check 3. It was hard to be patient, our Dr. was in surgery that ran long before our ultrasound time so we were very twitchy by the time we were seen. Dearest especially, since he needed to get to work and was watching the clock. Anyway, we finally got a glimpse at the ovaries and the news is pretty good. About 4-5 follies on the right looking around 16-17mm, and the little ones on the left are catching up: a 23mm, 20mm, and a handful of 15s. So...they are going to take a look at my E2 blood levels this afternoon and let me know if they want me to trigger tonight (!?!), tomorrow, or Thursday, which means a retrieval between Thursday and Satuday. Zoinks. 

I'm continuing my quest to stay cool, calm, and collected. Went to the Flea Market with my friend Val yesterday, so many yummy fresh fruits and veggies to choose from! By 10:30 or so it was about a billion degrees out and we headed back to Clermont. Spent the afternoon resting and practicing my poker face in the event I should need it any time soon. Also practiced shrugging shoulders, rolling eyes, and saying "It's no big deal. I didn't expect it to work." over and over. I know that use of energy is slaying certain readers of this blog who are big into positive visualization, but I have learned that I handle disappointment much better if I am prepared for it than if I am blindly believing that something is going to be a rousing success. Of course I want this to have a happy ending, more than I can say, but one way or the other I need to be able to walk away from this experience in one piece. 

Anyway, will update this afternoon when I get word about the blood work. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Doing Good! Sounds like we both have good things to look forward to. I will keep you in my thoughts!

-IL Lindsay